2018 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems: engine shut down while driving

Engine Shut Down While Driving

2018 Chrysler Pacifica

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica:

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Apr 252019

Pacifica Limited 3.6L V6

When driving and stopping at a signal, engine went into auto start/stop, chimed with error, and had to place into Park to do a manual restart. Has happened many times. Dealer has no fix for it. This problem could be extremely dangerous if stopped in middle of intersection. The only remedy is to turn off auto start/stop after starting engine.

- Greg M., Oceanside, CA, US

Jun 232018

Pacifica 3.6L V6

Yesterday, I almost crashed due to a MAJOR vehicle malfunction. I hit a curb but almost got hit by another vehicle. I was driving my BRAND NEW 2018 CHRYSLER PACIFICA (NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS OLD) which went from 10 mph to 43 to 10 mph. Then when it increased back up it suddenly stopped on me. I had to start and restart the vehicle over 3 times today. The engine light come on earlier this week and I took it to LANDMARK DODGE IN MORROW GA where I purchased it from and they had the vehicle in service for 1 and a half days. They gave me back the vehicle yesterday and not even 24 hours later this issue occurred. My heart is racing. My palms are sweating. I AM ANGRY, I AM PISSED, I AM HURT. MY 3 children could have been in danger. CHRYSLER NEEDS TO MAKE A RECALL FOR THIS VEHICLE BEFORE SOMEONE DIES. MY BODY IS SORE FROM THE MAJOR STOP AND I FEAR THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN IN THIS VEHICLE.

- Shana W., Ellenwood, US

Mar 082018

Pacifica Touring L 3.6L V6

The fact that Landmark Chrysler would release a car that was only in ship mode to us is totally unacceptable. They say it happened because the car had not had all the necessary stuff done that service department does to a new car before releasing to customer. They said they did it on 3/8. Pick the car up on 3/9 again and the car died on the interstate during Friday rush hour traffic in Atlanta. I thought I was going to be in a horrendous accident trying to avoid being hit by autos and trucks. Now Dealer Service dept. says the transmission fluid was not at an adequate level. I have called Chrysler corporate. I really don't even want the car anymore. I'm afraid to drive it.

- Freda L., Atlanta, US