2016 Dodge Charger engine NHTSA complaints: Vehicle Speed Control

NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2.6

2016 Dodge Charger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Charger:

2016 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Dec 072018

Charger

When returning from a trip to upper Michigan my windshield was dirty so I pressed the windshield washer button and nothing happened so I pressed it again with the same results, so we continued on. We we on a 6 lane highway with the cruise control set at 72 mph. When approaching our exit I needed to get around 2 semis so I stepped on the gas and the RPM gauge went to 5000 RPM and the speed suddenly dropped down to about 60 mph, I tried it again and it did the same thing. When I finally got safely off the highway I went directly to my dealer who told me there was nothing they could do for me for the next week. We went to our home not knowing what was going to happen next. The following day we needed to run some errands around town and the car ran perfect and has ever since. This happened on Dec. 7.2018. My concern is when will this happen again and will I be in the middle of heavy traffic again

- De Pere, WI, USA