- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 4 days ago
- December 19: Urgent Recall Warning After Chrysler Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 49 days ago
- December 9: FCA Recalls Dodge Chargers and Dodge Durangos recalls | 59 days ago
- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 84 days ago
2005 Dodge Durango
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
2005 Dodge Durango Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Windshield Wiper Motor1
- NHTSA: Visibility5
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun/Moon Roof Assembly4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer: Motor4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer: Linkages3
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.