- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 6 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 48 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 64 days ago
Dodge Recall P63: Tire Pressure Warning May Illuminate/FMVSS 138
2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
If the TPMS light illuminates because the sensors cannot be located, it could mask an actual low tire pressure condition, possibly resulting in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles manufactured March 20, 2014, to April 22, 2014, and 2014 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured March 21, 2014, to April 22, 2014. Due to a software error, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may fail to learn the locations of the individual sensors while the vehicle is being driven. As a result, the low tire pressure warning light will illuminate, despite the the tire pressures being within specification. Should one of the tires lose air pressure, the driver would not be notified of the change in air pressure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
- Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the TPMS module, free of charge. The recall began on October 23, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P63.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents - Communication Cover Letter
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Communications Cover Letter
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.