8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (379 reports)
  2. replace dash (120 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (8 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 24 of 30)

Oct 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 3.9L V8

I reported the first crack in my dash about a year ago. Now, I have another!! I am guessing that I am going to have to shell out some money to replace it, or end up with my dash totally falling apart. What a crappy product.

- , North Creek, NY 12853, USA

Oct 242005

Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 5.2L V8

Yeah! Dodge should pay to have it fixed! It's a problem and they should realize it and I bet if it were made in the USA wew wouldn't have this problem.

- , Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Nov 012005

Ram 1500

I SEEM TO BE JUST LIKE MANY, MANY, MANY OTHERS....I DIDN'T COME ACROSS THIS SITE UNTIL I WAS SEARCHING FOR A DASH FOR MY TRUCK. I BOUGHT MY TRUCK BRAND NEW AND I LOVED IT ! I STILL LOVE MY TRUCK TODAY EXCEPT...MY DASH HAS HOLES IN IT AND CRACKS THAT STARTED IN 2005. I BOUGHT A DASH COVER FOR IT BUT....DON'T CARE FOR THE CLOTH OR CARPET LOOK. I HAVE MET SSSOOOO MANY PEOPLE THAT SAY "IT SEEMS THAT ALL DODGE TRUCKS HAVE BAD DASH BOARDS". COME ON....HOW MANY DOES IT TAKE TO FIGURE OUT THAT THIS IS A MANUFACTURE'S SCREW UP???? AWESOME TRUCK !!!! RUINED BY THAT UGLY DASH !!!

- , Wharton, TX, USA

Jul 012004

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 3.2V8

We bought our Dodge 1500 pickup brand new in 2001 and the dash board started to crack everywhere just 3 years later, my husband has it looking so beautiful and in immaculate condition but the dash is the part that makes it look so awful. I am happy to say that I will NEVER purchase another Dodge vehicle as long as Chrysler Dodge refuses to stand behind their products. I am disgusted by their lack of intelligence! We also had to the replace the transmission at a cost of $3000. The A\C is going bad as well, I really think the cracked dash has effected the A\C in some way. I say drive around a Dodge dealership with signs that say that DODGE dashboards are defected and see what they do : ) I will try that first! I'll let you know what happens!

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 LT 5.9L

Dash cracked 3 months after I bought the freaking truck and now........RPM's and transmission kicks in and out of overdrive.

- , El Paso, AR, USA

Oct 072008

Ram 1500 Magnum 5.2L V8

My dashboard is cracked, so i looked it up on google to see if i can get a new one. It seems like im not the only one.

- , Canton, GA, USA

Jun 102007

Ram 1500 Slt 4x4 5.9L

this is my first dodge and i love it except for the dash that cracked two days after i bought it.my truck is as clean inside and out as a new penny with the exception of this crack in the dash.YOU WOULD THINK CHRYSLER WOULD HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY WOULD FIX THIS PROBLEM.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 112008

Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.9L

Dodge again and its range of 1994-2001 Rams have all had cracked dashboard complaints more than normal. I believe that Dodge should recall these dashboards as the product is a piece of sh*t. Also all transmissions in these years were pretty crappy too. I have replaced the tranny, but I refuse to pay that much for a Dashboard!!!!. Anyone know where to get a new dash for this vehicle cheap???

Thanks,

Dave

- , Dickinson, TX, USA

Oct 012008

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L V8

I bought my Ram in May of 2008 from the used vehicles department of my local Dodge dealer. The dash was cracked so bad that the dealer had a new dash installed for free (which was a BIG relief). I drove the truck for barely 4 months and now there are 2 cracks on the dash piece above the instrument panel. My interior is immaculate except for those 2 stupid cracks. I love Dodge trucks but it's ridiculous when this many people complain and have the same problem and still Dodge refuses to issue a recall. It's no wonder people aren't buying Dodge trucks now-a-days. I just hope they get their act together or else I'm afraid they may go under.

- , Clever, MO, USA

Jun 152007

Ram 1500 3.9L V6

MY DASH HAS BEEN CRACKING OVER THE LAST YEAR AND 1/2. THE CRACKS LOOK IDENTICAL TO PICTURES OF OTHER DODGE TRUCK DASHES I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET AND NEWS. I AND SO MANY OTHER OWNERS ARE EXPERIENCING CRACKS THAT A SAFETY RECALL SHOULD BE ISSUED IMMEDIATELY BEFORE SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED BECAUSE OF THE FAULTY PLASTIC USED ON ALL THESE DODGE TRUCKS.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.8L

all the dash is cracked and the passenger side has a hole the size of a basketball it is dangerous for my passangers.

- , Tyler, TX, USA

Oct 012006

Ram 1500 Sport

Really aggravated that my dash cracked near a heat vent and ruined the looks of my truck. If I decide to sell it I'm sure it will reduce the amt I could get. I've other Dodge owners that said theirs also cracked & right at the heat vent, like mine. I really think Dodge should issue a Recall & replace for free.

- , Danville, KY, US

May 052008

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

This problem is more common than I thought. Dodge really should correct this problem.I take very good care of my truck and find it very annoying that I paid good money for a cheap piece of plastic. Thank You Dodge for the embarrassing Cracks, Don't expect any loyalty out of me.

- , Elmore, OH, USA

Sep 012005

Ram 1500 1500 V8

This is my third Dodge truck in my lifetime, but the only one newer than 80 something. My dash started cracking back in 2005, and I thought it was just Oklahoma sunshine doing it. I have a son-in-law that has an 01 ram too, and his dash has fallen to pieces. A couple of weeks ago my cracked up dash fell in on itself while I was driving down the road. There is now a hole (kind of diamond shaped) about 8 by 6 inches. Since I'm an Oklahoma Redneck, I decided to superglue all the cracks back together. That was a mistake. When I tried to flex the pieces back together for gluing, they broke out worse. The thing looks terrible, and after reading all these comments I know Dodge isn't going to stand behind this. My check engine light has been on for a year or so for no good reason, and the dash lights only work some of the time. Hmmmm... I wonder if the dash cracks have caused some wire failure? Anyway, Now I know the true meaning of "Ram Tough". When you're buying, they suggest a "Ram". When you want them to stand behind it, they say "Tough."

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Jul 052008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

Shortly after I purchased my 2001 Dodge Ram used I was preparing to go to work one morning. As I got into my truck I noticed a crack in the dash that ran from the windshield to the front of the dash. The location of the crack is very close to the area of the dash where the passenger side airbag is located. As I looked at the dash more later in the day I noticed several cracks in the dash!! Now as of Sep the cracks have gotton progressively worse. I went online and tried to find a replacement dash. No luck what so ever. Then I noticed an article written in Motor Trend magazine with a video clip attached. The video was from a reporter in Florida who interviewed three people with the same problem that I have. During the video two of the people the reporter talked to had talked to their local Dodge dealer and were told that Dodge knows about this problem but has done nothing to fix it. I truly believe that Dodge needs to step up and fix the problem. I think that this problem could cause a safety concern. During the video one of the people had their whole dash cave in and due to that had experienced electrical problems with her lights, windows and stereo. My concern is that the crack in my dash close to the airbag could possibly rub on the wires causing the airbag to deploy and if someone is in the passenger side of my truck they could be injured by the airbag. Also the cost of replacing the deployed airbag is cost prohibitive. I hope that people can get Dodge to do the right thing and recall the affected trucks and fix them!!!

- , Wellford, SC, USA

Sep 122006

Ram 1500 5.9L V6

When I bought the truck in 2006 it was cracked in a few places, and now I have two big pieces that broke off and I am left with two big holes on my dash. I would like to know if anyone knows of a good aftermarket dash to replace it with since Dodge is not worried about the problem. If you have a recommendation for something feel free to email me at swtjaca@aol.com

- , Hinton, WV, USA

Aug 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

Yes The dashboard is cracked pretty bad and is a safety issue due to the sharp edges. Cleaning is not recommended because you can get cut and you risk the chance of making the cracks and holes worse.

- , Debary, FL, USA

Feb 012007

Ram 1500

we notice some hair line cracked then the next thing it just caved in mostly on passenger side, I was searching the web to find a cover or something and notice several complaint of this happening on the same vehicle. This is not good and we also will not be looking at dodge again if this is how they do business my mercury is older and more miles and is just fine. Thanks for listening!

- , La Porte, TX, USA

Aug 012006

Ram 1500 XLT V8

After reading numerous problems with the RAM 1500 dashboards, I realized something. Dodge / Chrysler is not stepping up to the plate to fix or resolve the issues. Plus, I am not reading or seeing anything by Dodge / Chrysler that says they have fixed or rectified the issue with their new Dodge Trucks. F them. I like Dodge. My dash has craters / holes in it and when I went to the dealer, he basically told me tuff luck. And guess what? Dodge is not standing by their product. Oh and I don't use Armor All or any cleaner on my dash. I will be in the market for a new Truck by mid 2009 and Dodge lost a customer.

- , Cedar Park, TX, US

Aug 232008

Ram 1500 Mangnum

Got in my truck last week end (do to gas prices I'm not driving it much) noticed 3 cracks in dash. All going from front of dash to the windshield, several small cracks. Also noticed one in the bezel. Truck went from a good looking ride to a piece of crap (nothing worse than a screwed up dash). Not real happy about it.

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA