- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 16 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 17 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 17 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 98S37: Ford/Lower Control Arm
1998 Ford Crown Victoria
If this occurs while the vehicle is moving, reduced steering control could occur, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Ball Joint
- Vehicle description: Certain 1996-1999 Ford Crown Victoria police, fleet, natural gas, and 1996-1999 Lincoln town car limousine vehicles that were produced with a lower control arm ball joint containing a one piece bearing; and 1990-1996 Ford Crown Victoria police, fleet, and ngv vehicles and 1990-1996 Lincoln town car limousine vehicles that have been serviced with either a ball joint containing the one-piece bearing or a front lower control arm containing a ball joint with a one-piece bearing. The one-piece bearing within the lower control arm ball joint can weaken slowly during use and eventually crack. This could result in separation of the ball and cap of the joint, allowing the control arm to drop to the ground.
- Dealers will replace the lower control arm ball joints (2).
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.