- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 4 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 25 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 25 days ago
Ford Recall 02B02: Ford/Fuel Tank/Police Vehicles
2000 Ford Crown Victoria
Some high-speed rear-impact crashes have resulted in fuel tank punctures and fires in cvpi vehicles.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- In order to enhance police office safety, model year 1992-2003 Crown Victoria police interceptor (cvpi) vehicles will be equipped with shields designed to help protect the fuel tank in high-speed rear-impact crashes. Ford also will be offering an optional trunk package designed to improve the safe Transport of sharp-edged, heavy equipment in these vehicles.
- Ford has advised us that shield kits have been available since late October and will be installed on police interceptor vehicles at no cost. The optional trank package will be available by the end of 2002. Ford has established a new web site at www.cvpi.com to answer additional questions about the safe use of cpvi vehicles.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.