- May 19: Ford Engine Fires: Park Your Expeditions and Lincoln Aviators Outside recalls | 0 days ago
- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 22 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 23 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 25 days ago
Ford Defect Investigation DP02007: FUEL-FED FIRES
2001 Ford Crown Victoria
Vehicle Speed Control:Linkages
- The FARS data shows that the risk of fire from impact in all directions in the subject vehicles is the same as all other sedans.the subject vehicles are not over represented with respect to the risk of fire in real-world high-energy crashes.a further discussion of issues related to post crash fires in the subject vehicles is set out in the closing report for sq 01-014 and that report is in the docket for this petition.after reviewing the petition and its supporting materials, as well as information furnished by Ford and GM, and information within the Agency's possession from previous investigations and other related actions, NHTSA has concluded that futher investigation concerning post-crash fires in the subject vehicles is not likely to lead to a decision that the vehicles contain a safety defect.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.