- September 24: Ford Shifter Bushing Recall Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- September 23: Ford EcoSport Engine and Oil Pump Problems Investigated investigations | 6 days ago
- September 19: Ford Focus Recall Investigated For Canister Purge Valves investigations | 10 days ago
- September 15: Ford Transmission Recall Includes E-350, F-650 and F-750 recalls | 14 days ago
- September 5: Ford Truck Fuel Pump Problems Lead to Class Action Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2008 Ford Edge (Page 2 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 98,326 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.