- May 30: Ford Recalls Mustangs For Camera Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- May 29: Ford Transit Connect Vans Recalled For Seat Belt Pretensioners recalls | 5 days ago
- May 25: Ford MPG Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Argues Ford news | 9 days ago
- May 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Dismissed news | 19 days ago
- May 13: Ford Transit Connect Sunroof Recall Announced recalls | 21 days ago
2008 Ford Edge
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
2008 Ford Edge Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalls/Cuts Out While Driving19
- Surging And Hesitating6
- Computer Burned Up Due To A Bad Coil1
- Coolant Leaked Into Engine1
- Engine Shakes, Hesitates While Coasting1
- Loud Thumping Sound With Quick Hesitation From Engine1
- Random Acceleration1
- Rpm Roars And Car Crawls From A Stop1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control88
- NHTSA: Engine81
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.