CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Ford Edge has a trend of the engine dying while driving, which is typically considered a safety issue.

Owners report the stalling while driving problem is caused by the throttle body needing replacement. The problem typically occurs at low mileage & so the issue has been covered under warranty -- although by now, the 2015 Edge is generally past the full warranty period.

6.5

2. replace battery (1 reports)
2015 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Edge:

2015 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Dec 152017

Edge Titanium V6

Had a 2007 Ford Edge and had no problems at all. Living in Mexico and wanted a car with no problems. Bought a new 2015 Ford Edge Titanium in March 2017. Drive the car almost every day (sometimes skip a day). Car drives beautifully. Go out in my garage in the AM and have a dead battery. Car started and drove great the day before. Dead Battery on 8-26-2017 Dead Battery on 10-6-2017 Dead Battery on 13-15-2017 Took the car to a Ford Dealer and had it checked out but they said the electric system was OK. Something is not right.

- Irwin G., Rosarito, Mexico

Oct 012017

Edge Titanium 3.5L

01/06/17 the battery was completely discharged to 1.8 volts, the battery didn't take charge. The Ford dealer didn't find any current draw in electrical system and replaced the battery.

10/01/17 the new battery was discharged again to 3 volts. After recharging for 2.5-3 hours, the engine started, the loud buzzing noise was coming from the instrument cluster-center console area. The instrument cluster settings changed by itself and it was not possible to change the cluster configuration to original setting. After turning the engine off and on again the cluster settings was possible to restore.

I'm going to take the car to Ford dealer again to diagnose the intermittent electrical short.

- Leo S., El Granada, CA, US

Aug 252017

Edge Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost 4 cyl

Noticed the car sounded like the battery was getting a little weak when starting, but figured it's only 2 years old and only has 35,000 miles on it so I ignored it. A couple days later, after driving the car to church, went outside to start it to leave church and the battery was completely dead. Jumped it, started it and drove it home. Left the charger on it all night, then called the local dealer and explained what happened the day after. They had us drop it off so they could check into it. Nothing was found that was drawing juice and the battery checked out okay. Less than a week later, battery was completely dead again when we went to start the car to leave one morning. This time, jumped it to get it started then drove it straight to the dealer. The next morning, the dealer said it was completely dead when they went to start it to start working on it. They checked into it, could not find anything that was drawing juice, and the battery failed testing. So, they replaced the battery under warranty. We will see how long this one lasts - especially with colder weather coming soon. This car has already been in the shop for over a week when the throttle body needed replaced, which caused the car to lose power and almost stall when driving. Running out of patience with this car.

- jdt020374, Freeland, MI, US

Jan 272017

Edge Limited

This has happened to me twice. Went out to the garage in the morning and the battery is completely dead. After a jump I had the battery tested and it was reported to be fine. So like the other complaints, it's not the battery, it's a slow drain. In both my cases it happened after driving from a night out and I notice the onscreen display doesn't shut down which is an indicator. After the second time I've been cognizant of any signs of power after shutting down.

Not long ago, I had a third instance of the same electrical problem after having my headlights on. Despite pulling into the garage, shutting down, and turning off the lights, when I opened the door to get out the audible bell indicator went off as if I had left my headlights on. I had to crank the engine several times and shut down before it eventually went away.

In all 3 cases it was after using my headlights. I'm of the opinion it may be tied to the switch/knob but that's only a guess. I'd be interested to hear from others whether their occurrences were after the headlights were used.

- Chris L., Colorado Springs, CO, US

Dec 122016

Edge SEL 2015

Third time in a year and a half that I've gone into my garage and battery is completely dead. Jumped battery and charge was holding next day. Reported to dealership where they said, if it didn't happen in the shop, they probably couldn't detect or solve problem. Taking to dealership anyway so they can record my complaint.

Aug 022016

Edge SEL 2015

Jump started it, took into dealer. They could find nothing wrong.

Nov 172015

Edge SEL 2015

Thought that would fix the problem, but have come out to a completely dead battery twice since.

Dec 172015

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

After the car was picked up from the dealer that evening the following morning my wife went out to go to work but as before the remote didn't work. We immediately call back the dealer, they say bring the car in. Had to pop the lock to get in with the key in the fob and get a jump start since the tow truck driver said he won't be able to get the car on the truck unless he dragged it to how it was park and this could damage the car. So we call the dealer and they say jump start it and drive it on the flat bed. We did that.

The car is still in the shop and I call the dealer to ask what was the problem, if it was the battery that need replacement since from before he said the battery was drained. Only to find out he said the battery was good and it was electrical problems that was diagnosed. Hence, they needed a couple days to get it fixed. So I am still waiting to get the car back to see if they fixed the problem.

- Jay J., Brooklyn, NY, US