2019 Ford Edge transmission problems: transmission slips and jerks

Transmission Slips And Jerks

2019 Ford Edge

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

9.0

2019 Ford Edge transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Ford Edge:

2019 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jul 242019

Edge ST

New car stopped in the middle of a red light 3 times doing to the dealer. Dealer said we can't take a look at it until 3 weeks. I live in Michigan and this happen in Indiana. The dealer said to find a way to get home, they didn't give me a retail car or nothing.

- Sahil P., Canton, MI, US

Jan 152019

Edge ST

I purchased a 2019 Edge ST and it's already been to the dealership twice. Neither of which they have confirmed anything (on paper). My transmission gets to 3rd gear then comes out of gear, continuing to rev, before finally kicking over to 4th gear after a couple of seconds. Same gear, every time. First time I took it in, they said the tech couldn't duplicate it, so I took him for a drive. He saw what it was doing but because his little laptop didn't show anything, he wrote on the work order he couldn't confirm the issue. They cleared the adaptive learning it apparently has and all was fine for a couple of weeks. Then, same gear, same issue. Took it back. Same response - can't confirm and it's not throwing a code soooo...here I sit. Also, there have been a handful of times where I'm slowing to a stop, like pulling in to a parking spot or a stop sign, and the transmission doesn't seem to know what it should do so it jumps forward.

Update from Aug 8, 2019: Ford finally recognized the issue (apparently it was more known than my dealer was aware) and put out a TSB. A flash was performed and the car has been running fine. It still has the random jerking when slowing to a stop at slow speeds and very rarely will make the clunk when switching in to gear (P to R or P to D) and Ford has issued a notice that they are working on that.

- Pam B., Oregon City, US