- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 8 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 12 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 26 days ago
Ford Recall : Front Wheel Bearing Has Wrong Dimensions
2007 Ford Escape
Use of an incorrectly sized wheel bearing can adversely affect the braking and steering of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Wheel Bearing
- The Timken Company (Timken) is recalling certain aftermarket front wheel bearings, part number 510072, sold from January 22, 2015, to May 21, 2015, to be used as service parts on 2001-2012 Ford Escape, 2001-2011 Mazda Tribute, and 2005-2011 Mercury Mariner vehicles. The affected wheel bearings have incorrect dimensions of a 42mm bore, 76mm outer dimension, and 39mm width, instead of a 42mm bore, 78mm outer dimension and a 45mm width.
- Timken has begun notifying distributors who will offer purchasers replacement wheel bearings, free of charge. The recall began on May 21, 2015. Owners may contact Timken customer service at 1-866-984-6536.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Missing Quarterly Report Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.