2015 Ford Escape engine problems: check engine light on

Check Engine Light On

2015 Ford Escape

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

7.0

$340

2. replace coolant bypass valve (1 reports)
  3. replaced engine (1 reports)
2015 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Escape:

2015 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Nov 122018

Escape SE 1.6L

My 2015 Ford Escape with Ecoboost motor that I purchased from Enterprise Car Rentals in Louisville in February 2017 and bought the extended warranty for it began having the check engine light stay on in November 2018 at 61,000 miles. The motor started missing, from cylinder 1. I have had it checked everytime it was required. A mechanic at Paul Miller Ford told me it needed a new engine for $9,000. I stated how did this happen? He told me it had to have been run overheated. I never ran this vehicle needing any fluids. It was checked by a mechanic on a regular basis. The dealer mechanic said he could tell this by looking with a camera at the motor, that the head was warped. As we probably all know, that is pretty impossible without being able to measure it. I bought an extended warranty that is useless. This car has less than 62,000 miles on it and needs a new motor. FORD REFUSES TO SAY THEY WILL HELP ME WITH IT. IT MISSES SO BAD, IT CAN NOT BE DRIVEN. I OWE $15,000 on this car. No one is willing to help me with what went wrong with this car. I can not put another $9,000 for a new motor.

- Deborah H., Versailles, KY, US

May 142018

Escape ES

It is unacceptable that this keeps happening to Ford Escape owners. I see tons of message boards where this happens. It is convenient that this occurred 5 months after my warranty expired. I would not expect a car with fewer than 32K miles to have engine problems.

- Maggie R., Cincinnati, OH, US

Sep 132017

Escape

Purchased Ford Escape with 25,000 miles in June 2017. In September 2017 the check engine light came on. I had 39,000 miles on the vehicle. They charged me $150 for a diagnostic test and told me I needed an evap purge valve, an emissions canister and a ventilation filter at a cost of $1,200. This car is not even 2 years old!

- Michelle R., Aurora, CO, US

Jul 202015

Escape

The first week I started driving my "brand new" car the check engine light came on. Ford in Manahawkin had it three times and finally didn't realize the engine was cracked until May of 2016 in which they replaced it.

- Nancy S., Barnegat, NJ, US