- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 0 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 12 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 12 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 32 days ago
- June 10: Ford Door Latch Recall Says Pawl Spring Tabs Crack recalls | 33 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 46542
2008 Ford Expedition
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- When ordering a 2005 to 2008 remanufactured 5.4L 3v or 6.8L 3v engine, spark plug boots may be provided in the packaging. Replace all black spark plug boots from the original engine with the 'brown' spark plug boots, as provided. The updated 'brown' spark plug boots are longer than the black boots to accommodate a running change in the spark plug length. The ignition coil bodies and spring/resistor are transferable and only the rubber boots require replacement. Failure to install the spark plug boots provided with the replacement engine could lead to drivability concerns.
Click a tab for more information.