- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 13 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 17 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 31 days ago
Ford Recall 20S18: Gear Position Display May Be Inaccurate
2020 Ford Expedition
If the transmission selection does not match the indicated gear selection, and the parking brake is not applied, unintended vehicle movement can occur, increasing the risk of injury or crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020 Ranger and F-150 vehicles equipped with 10-speed automatic transmissions and certain 2020 Expedition vehicles equipped with a "police" package. The transmission shift cable lock clip may not be fully seated, allowing the transmission to actually be in a different gear than the gear shift position selected by the driver.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and correct the shift cable locking clip installation, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began April 27, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20S18.
- Documents (5)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Dealer Notification re NEW VEHICLE ...
- Miscellaneous Document - Media Release re FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR SELECT 2020 FORD RANGER, F-150 AND EXPEDITION VEHICLES
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Dealer Notification re NEW VEHICLE ...
Click a tab for more information.