- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 11 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 12 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 25 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 26 days ago
Ford Recall 07S52: Steering Gear Assembly
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
This condition could cause "clunking" noise when steering as well as decreased steering effectiveness potentially resulting in a crash.
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the two bolts that attach the steering gear assembly to the frame may have been over-tightened. This condition could result in one or both of the bolts fracturing, causing the steering gear to become loose.
- Dealers will replace both the steering gear assembly mounting bolts and nuts free of charge. The recall began on April 27, 2007. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.