- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 12 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 12 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 17 days ago
- December 25: Ford F-150 B-Pillar Fire Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 07S52: Steering Gear Assembly
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
This condition could cause "clunking" noise when steering as well as decreased steering effectiveness potentially resulting in a crash.
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the two bolts that attach the steering gear assembly to the frame may have been over-tightened. This condition could result in one or both of the bolts fracturing, causing the steering gear to become loose.
- Dealers will replace both the steering gear assembly mounting bolts and nuts free of charge. The recall began on April 27, 2007. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.