- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 5 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 5 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 8 days ago
- October 2: Bosch CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 07S52: Steering Gear Assembly
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
This condition could cause "clunking" noise when steering as well as decreased steering effectiveness potentially resulting in a crash.
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the two bolts that attach the steering gear assembly to the frame may have been over-tightened. This condition could result in one or both of the bolts fracturing, causing the steering gear to become loose.
- Dealers will replace both the steering gear assembly mounting bolts and nuts free of charge. The recall began on April 27, 2007. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.