- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 3 days ago
- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 18 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 18 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 16S24: Master Cylinder Rear Cup Seal Leak
2014 Ford F-150
Loss of brake fluid from the primary reservoir results in a complete loss of front brake function, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 F-150 vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to August 31, 2014 equipped with 3.5L engines. The master cylinder rear cup seal may roll, resulting in brake fluid leakage from the primary reservoir into the brake booster.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake master cylinder and, if necessary, the brake booster, free of charge. The recall began on October 28, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S24.
- Documents (12)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - May 24, 2016 TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers SUBJECT: Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S24
- Defect 573 Report
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc))/TSB - September 29, 2016 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 16S24 Certain 2013-2014 Model Year F-150 Vehicles Equipped with 3.5L Ecoboost Engines Brake Master Cylinder Replacement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.