- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 7 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 13 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 13 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 16C11: Driver Seat Back Frame May Fail/FMVSS 202, 207
2016 Ford F-150
The seat back may not adequately restrain the occupant during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Explorer and F-150 vehicles equipped with a manual recline driver's seat. The seat back frame may have insufficient welds which may not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame, free of charge. The recall begin on August 18, 2016. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 16C11.
- Documents (12)
- Defect 573 Report
- Press Release
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - June 28, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C11
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.