- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 11 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 17 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 27 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
Ford Recall 16C11: Driver Seat Back Frame May Fail/FMVSS 202, 207
2016 Ford F-150
The seat back may not adequately restrain the occupant during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Explorer and F-150 vehicles equipped with a manual recline driver's seat. The seat back frame may have insufficient welds which may not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame, free of charge. The recall begin on August 18, 2016. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 16C11.
- Documents (12)
- Defect 573 Report
- Press Release
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - June 28, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C11
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.