- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 9 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 12 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 17S40: Front Seat Adjuster Pivot Bolts May Loosen
2016 Ford F-150
In the event of a crash, a seat occupant that is not properly restrained has an increased risk of injury.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 F-150 and Explorer vehicles. Loose power seat adjuster pivot bolts may cause the front seat cushions to detach and not properly restrain the seat occupant in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the tightness of the power seat track upper pivot link bolt, either applying threadlocker or replacing the lift link and hardware, free of charge. Interim letters are expected to go out January 15, 2018. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S40.
- Documents (7)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Miscellaneous Document - December 1, 2017 - Ford Media Center - Ford Issues Two Safety Recalls and Two Safety Compliance Recalls, and Expands a Recall in North America
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 1, 2018 - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S40 – Supplement #1
Click a tab for more information.