- February 22: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks For Windshields That Detach recalls | 3 days ago
- February 19: Ford Recalls 154,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 6 days ago
- February 18: Ford Bronco Sports Recalled For Suspension Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- February 18: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Rear Axles That May Lock recalls | 7 days ago
- January 24: Ford Recalls Explorer Police Interceptor and Lincoln Aviator recalls | 32 days ago
Ford Recall 17S40: Front Seat Adjuster Pivot Bolts May Loosen
2016 Ford F-150
In the event of a crash, a seat occupant that is not properly restrained has an increased risk of injury.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 F-150 and Explorer vehicles. Loose power seat adjuster pivot bolts may cause the front seat cushions to detach and not properly restrain the seat occupant in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the tightness of the power seat track upper pivot link bolt, either applying threadlocker or replacing the lift link and hardware, free of charge. Interim letters are expected to go out January 15, 2018. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S40.
- Documents (7)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Miscellaneous Document - December 1, 2017 - Ford Media Center - Ford Issues Two Safety Recalls and Two Safety Compliance Recalls, and Expands a Recall in North America
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 1, 2018 - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S40 – Supplement #1
Click a tab for more information.