- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 5 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 5 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 9 days ago
- June 5: Ford Agrees to Settle MyFord Touch Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 17S40: Front Seat Adjuster Pivot Bolts May Loosen
2016 Ford F-150
In the event of a crash, a seat occupant that is not properly restrained has an increased risk of injury.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 F-150 and Explorer vehicles. Loose power seat adjuster pivot bolts may cause the front seat cushions to detach and not properly restrain the seat occupant in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the tightness of the power seat track upper pivot link bolt, either applying threadlocker or replacing the lift link and hardware, free of charge. Interim letters are expected to go out January 15, 2018. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S40.
- Documents (7)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Miscellaneous Document - December 1, 2017 - Ford Media Center - Ford Issues Two Safety Recalls and Two Safety Compliance Recalls, and Expands a Recall in North America
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 1, 2018 - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S40 – Supplement #1
Click a tab for more information.