2017 Ford F-150 engine problems: engine failure

Engine Failure

2017 Ford F-150

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

8.0

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2017 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford F-150:

2017 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 012018

F-150 LX 2.7L

I was driving my truck and it started sputtering and then completely died towed it to ford and they ended up replacing the engine and it took over 5 weeks to get my truck back.

Just the other day I took my truck back in because it seems like it is acting sluggish and acting similar to before the engine blew last time. I am now at 37000 miles. I will update when I know more.

- Christopher L., San Jose, CA, US

Aug 072019

F-150 XL 2.7L V6

click to see larger images

engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure

Engine failed at 27,800 miles, vibrations started and over the course of the next few miles grew in severity, engine completely failed with deep knocking sounds as I coasted off the hwy to safe point to stop. Engine would run only briefly, knocking loudly. Dealer had truck towed in to shop, stated engine had completely failed but without opening the engine it was hard to determine exactly what caused the failure. The truck was completely serviced by Ford every 2,000-2,500 miles which was in excess of the recommended interval, the truck was most recently serviced, oil changed, tires rotated, alignment done, just 3 weeks before the failure. The truck ran normally with no sounds or issues until the point of failure.

Update from Apr 2, 2020: Ford replaced the engine, 7 week process, #4 baring failed, bad cylinder head, ford covered all repairs.

- Phillip V., Montevideo, MN, US