6.0

2018 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-150:

2018 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 222018

F-150 XLT 2.7L

The brake pedal is soft. I took it to a dealership and they bleed the brakes. Two weeks later it had the same issues. The brakes were bled again. The pedal is getting soft again. One service tech told me "that's they way they are suppose to be." I called Ford and filed a complaint. They notified the service manager at the local shop but he failed to respond. I was told by one tech that they had seen multiple new 150s with this issue. It feels like the brake assist has stopped working. I don't believe this truck has an emergency stop in it.

- Dean F., Rochester, WA, US

Nov 192018

F-150 XLT 2.7L

Truck had less than 5000 K at this point. First really cold day of the year,well below 0 C....first stop and pedal is soft and with pressure continues to the floor, it continued this way, no evidence of fluid leaks, truck stops fine, took to dealer a few days later when they could get me in. Now would you not think they would consider this as serious?

So they find nothing so they say, as another truck is the same , but both vehicles were inside at this point. So between then and now the temps have been warmer and the pedal feel has returned to normal until yesterday when cold again, same thing until engine compartment warm then better again. Went to dealer to report such and they said they would contact ford again, still nothing from the first contact. They obviously have an issue here with some component leaking by when cold ( engineering tolerances maybe ) IMO.....this needs to be addressed because it is not right....I have been driving and racing for at least 50 years and at this point NEVER encountered this.....come on Ford I have been a loyal customer ( spent 100's of K with you ), you know you have a problem, fix it.

- bob51, Midland, ON, Canada