- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 10 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 31 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 31 days ago
Ford Recall 99S09: Ford/Cruise/Speed Control Cable
1999 Ford Mustang
If the cruise control is used and this condition is present, a stuck throttle could result, which could potentially result in a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Certain 1997-1999 RHD Explorer equipped with 4.0L OHV/SOHC engines and cruise control built from May 29, 1996 through March 4, 1999; 1998-1999 Explorer/Mountaineer equipped with 4.0L OHV/SOHC or 5.0L engines or 1998-1999 Ranger equipped with 2.5L, 3.0L FFV/EFI or 4.0L engines and cruise control built from January 5, 1998 through March 4, 1999; 1998-1999 Mustangs equipped with 3.8L, 4.6L 2-valve or 4-valve engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999; 1999 F250/F350/F450/F550 (over 8,500 lbs.) trucks equipped with 5.4L or 6.8L engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999; and 1999 F-53 stripped chassis equipped with 5.4L or 6.8L engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999. A cruise control cable can interfere with the speed control servo pulley and not allow the throttle to return to idle when disengaging the cruise control.
- Dealers will replace the cruise control cables. At the present time, the replacement cables are not available. Customers are being advised not to use the cruise control system until a replacement can be made.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.