- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 10 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 31 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 31 days ago
Ford Recall 01S06: Ford/FMVSS 108/Stop Lamps
2001 Ford Taurus
Under the requirements of the standard, the chmsl shall be activated only upon appplication of the service brakes. Also, the vehicle could roll increasing the risk of a crash, if the shift lever can be shifted out of park without depressing the brake pedal.
Exterior Lighting — Back Up Lights
- Vehicle description: Passenger sedans with factory or dealer-installed deck lid spoilers with led center high mounted stop lamps (chmsl). Vehicles produced with spoilers were manufactured from March 1 through October 31, 2000; and vehicles with spoilers installed by dealers were manufactured from January 1 thorough December 30, 2000. With the ignition switch in the start or run positions and the hazard warning lights operating, the chmsl can illuminate (at reduced intensity) even though the service brakes have not been applied. This does not meet the requirements of FMVSS no. 108, "lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment." Also, in some cases the vehicle brake-shift interlock would not function properly, allowing the shift lever to be moved from park without applying the brake.
- Dealers will install a jumper/resistor assembly at the spoiler that provides an electrical resistor to ground and corrects the chmsl and brake-shift interlock conditions. Owner notification began March 19, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.