- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 3 days ago
- November 16: Ford Recalls Four 2019 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- November 16: Ford Explorer Recall Issued Over Fuel Pressure Sensors recalls | 4 days ago
Ford Recall 06C13: Cellular Hands-Free Phone Option/FMVSS 208
2006 Ford Taurus
The padi lamp will fail to illuminate and the air bag warning lamp in the cluster will stay illuminated.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Certain passenger vehicles built for one specific fleet customer were modified for optional hands-free cellular phone operating capability. To provide this functionality, a special overlay wire harness was installed that inadvertently did not include the circuits for passenger air bag deactivation indicator (padi) lamp function. As a result, these vehicles do not comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 208, 'occupant crash protection.'
- The fleet customer was notified and all vehicles have been repaired. The recall began on April 28, 2006.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.