- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 5 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 6 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 18 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 06C13: Cellular Hands-Free Phone Option/FMVSS 208
2006 Ford Taurus
The padi lamp will fail to illuminate and the air bag warning lamp in the cluster will stay illuminated.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Certain passenger vehicles built for one specific fleet customer were modified for optional hands-free cellular phone operating capability. To provide this functionality, a special overlay wire harness was installed that inadvertently did not include the circuits for passenger air bag deactivation indicator (padi) lamp function. As a result, these vehicles do not comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 208, 'occupant crash protection.'
- The fleet customer was notified and all vehicles have been repaired. The recall began on April 28, 2006.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.