- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 5 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 11 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 12 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 15 days ago
Ford Recall 06C13: Cellular Hands-Free Phone Option/FMVSS 208
2006 Ford Taurus
The padi lamp will fail to illuminate and the air bag warning lamp in the cluster will stay illuminated.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Certain passenger vehicles built for one specific fleet customer were modified for optional hands-free cellular phone operating capability. To provide this functionality, a special overlay wire harness was installed that inadvertently did not include the circuits for passenger air bag deactivation indicator (padi) lamp function. As a result, these vehicles do not comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 208, 'occupant crash protection.'
- The fleet customer was notified and all vehicles have been repaired. The recall began on April 28, 2006.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.