2007 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Taurus:

2007 Ford Taurus Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Dec 022017

Taurus

Takata recall I was driving 60mph and tried to set cruise control and took for off gas ABS the car kept accelerating fast. About 80mph I tapped the brake, cruise control light turned off and car kept accelerating and rpms were in the red. I pushed as hard as I could on the brakes and car kept accelerating past 85mph and I was now coming into 30mph zone and rpms were high and I tried to put it in neutral cause I didn't know what to do. The engine revved completely up with rpms and I finally just threw it in park in road and turned car off and called insurance for tow truck. My son said I had burnt my brakes.. unsure other than there was smoke from someplace under car. I got down and visually and looked for gas pedal to be stuck or anything and it was normal. Tried starting car and immediately turned it back off due to rpms in red. Happened 3 seperate times but mechanic never found anything wrong or what it was so my dad disconnected the cruise control wires or something with cruise control. Car idles now high and rpms run higher than normal. Nobody knows what to fix so I don't know what to fix.

- Howard Lake, MN, USA

Jun 112015

Taurus

I am very scared of my car right now and I feel like it is going to fall apart on me while I am driving it. The accelerator sticks an does not want to let go to slow down.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Aug 102017

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle inadvertently accelerated at rapid speed. While the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle continued to accelerate rapidly. The contact had to place the gear shifter in neutral to stop the vehicle from accelerating. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but it could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was then taken to encinitas Ford at (888) 700-8208 located at 1424 encinitas blvd, encinitas, ca 92024, but no diagnostic failure codes were found and the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was then taken to another independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the cruise control was disconnected and the cable clip needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the contact was advised to take the vehicle to a dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Cardiff, CA, USA

Oct 122017

Taurus

I was driving down the road and my air bag deployed on its own allmost causing me to wrech.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 252016

Taurus

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Taurus. While attempting to make a right turn and attempting to stop, the vehicle accelerated without warning and crashed into a building. The driver and passenger side air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was towed and destroyed. The passenger received chest injuries and the driver received head, chest, leg, and facial injuries. Medical attention was needed a police report was filed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 131,000. Updated 07/18/17

- Homestead, PA, USA

Jun 162016

Taurus

Sudden acceleration on city streets without touching the gas pedal. Engine running at 4rpm at a complete standstill and while moving. Even when the brake was engaged the car kept lurching forward wanting to proceed through the red light.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Feb 012016

Taurus

While driving experienced sudden unexplained acceleration on several different occasions.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Jun 252015

Taurus

Car accelerator got stuck at about 4,000 rpms. It would not dislodge until car was forced to stop by maxing pressure on brakes and putting car into 'park'. research shows that the cruise control cable gets worn and disconnects from the throttle body and can get stuck on the throttle cable disallowing the throttle to return to idle position. This VIN is not subject to any open recalls but the condition is very dangerous.

- Champlin, MN, USA

Feb 042015

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the vehicle suddenly accelerated without any warning. The contact was able to slow the vehicle down by using the brakes. However, the engine RPM's continued to surge. The contact stated that the failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The failure mileage was 149,000. The VIN was not available.

- Neslonville, OH, USA

Oct 092013

Taurus 6-cyl

Driving my 2007 Ford Taurus on the freeway at 60 mph and sudden acceleration making car go 75 mph without pressing the accelerator more then I was. I tried to pull the accelerator back with my right foot with my left foot on the brake to be safe and that did nothing to solve the problem the car still wanted to accelerate. So I pulled over on the freeway and put the car in park and the RPM went high as if I was pressing on the accelerator. It was very hard to stop the car because as I was pressing on the brake to pull over the accelerator felt as if the gas pedal was pressed all the way down while braking.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Aug 222014

Taurus 6-cyl

Paid for a 100,000 mile tune up, new front brakes, etc. One day later it suddenly surged forward right as I was pulling into my driveway. I came close to driving through the closed garage door. Hit the brake hard and the RPM's shot up. I turned off the engine while in park. My husband started the car while in park and the RPM's shot up again. Eventually, he pressed the gas pedal and the RPM's dropped. Earlier that same week, I had to swerve to avoid hitting a car in front of me while driving down hill. I assumed that my brakes were beginning to fail, but now I am wonder *tring if this same problem caused my car to surge forward even though I was trying to slow down.

- Reno, NV, USA

Aug 232014

Taurus 6-cyl

Traveling at 60 mph, had to slow down for a slower vehicle but the car did not slow down when I removed my foot from gas pedal. I brake and slowed the car, but had to ride the brake as the car tried to accelerate. When we encountered a stop light, the brakes almost could not hold the car back. I put the car in park and revved the engine twice and the car idle speed dropped from 4000+ RPM back to normal. This happened several times on the trip home. I did a quick google search for this problem and found earlier Taurus models with similar problems had recalled for defective cruise control cable. I looked at my car's cruise control actuator cable and found it's connector had slipped off the throttle connection point. I now have a temporary fix to keep it from interfering with the throttle. This could have caused an accident and hurt somebody.

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Jul 312014

Taurus 6-cyl

Driving the car it starting revving and rpms increasing. Parked turned car off waited a few minutes started car up and engine was racing hard. Pulled out of parking space went to the stop light could barely keep the car stopped with my foot pressed vary hard to keep the car from jolting into incoming traffic. Light turned, took my foot off the brake the car raced from a stopped position to 56 miles and hour with a 2 1/2 block distance and I never put my foot on the gas.. had to ride 15 miles into town to the car repair shop riding the brake the whole time to keep the car under a 30 mph speed. Again numerous report of the clip coming off on the cruise control causing car to race. Replace the clip back on because it is not broke and in 2-3 days the clip comes off again. I can not afford to have this car jolt me or my family into an incoming train or traffic and kill us because Ford does not want to fix the problem cause T may be to costly.

- Crown Point, IN, USA

Aug 092014

Taurus 6-cyl

Car began to accelerate and had to ride brakes to keep from speeding and to stay under speed limit. Got home and turned off and waited 15 minutes and still engine racing. Waited another 30 minutes still same. Looked on line and saw same problem posted by someone and they tapped gas pedal to get to stop. Tried it and it worked but have a call into Ford dealership to make an appointment to bring in.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jul 212014

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while at a stop light, the vehicle surged forward and the engine rpms revved up. The vehicle could be restarted but the failure persisted. The failure occurred on two occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the cruise control cable clip needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 95,787. Updated 9/3/14

- Crown Point, IN, USA

May 302014

Taurus 6-cyl

I have had at least 9 of the following incidents; I first noticed cruise control stopped working approximately in March, after that intermittently while driving at different speeds my gas pedal would feel like it was stuck down, RPM's went up to 4000-6000, car sped up and one time the breaks did fail until I threw car into park at 60 mph. Usually I have to step on gas a few times to fix it, took it to mechanic and he could not find the problem. It is happening in a greater frequency now. It is getting extremely dangerous for me to keep driving the car. I noticed when that happens my dashboard goes from 23.7 miles per gallon to at one point it said 7, then increased to 34 mpg. When it dropped down to 7 mpg my car kept stalling and would start and stall until I let it sit over night.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Jun 062014

Taurus 6-cyl

I own a 2007 Taurus SE with about 90,000 miles. The cruise control stopped working last week and I turned it off. On at least four occasions in the last week, since then I have had unexpected, uncontrolled acceleration while driving that could easily resulted in an accident. When the acceleration happened, I got the car off the road stepped on the brake as hard as I could, the car ran up to 3to 4000 RPM before I could shift to neutral and turn off the ignition after the incident yesterday afternoon ; I took the car in to eckenrod Ford in cullman, Alabama. They gave me a loaner car while they are fixing mine. I see that you have had several complaints of the same thing happening in this year and model and recommend a recall or at least a service bulletin, to deal with this problem. In researching this problem a lose cruise control cable may be causing this problem. The problem is dangerous and disconcerting and should be addressed.

- Hanceville, AL, USA

Apr 272014

Taurus 6-cyl

On two occasions I was traveling approx. 60 mph on the freeway when my car suddenly accelerated to 80 mph. The first time I took my foot off the gas and the car slowed to at 50 mph and continued that way for a couple minutes, then returned to normal. The second time I had to push the brake pedal very hard with both feet to make it slow down. I was able to get off the freeway, but there was I red light and I slid through the light trying to stop my car. I was fortunate no other car was coming. I put the car in neutral, and there was a very hard kick and the RPM's where still very high. Then it just stopped racing and went back to normal.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Apr 302013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that after stopping the vehicle and shifting into park, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and traveled over the sidewalk until crashing into a sign. The contact was not injured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 69,000.

- Cushing, OK, USA

Apr 012013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while he approached an intersection and started to decelerate with the brakes applied, the vehicle accelerated to 60 mph. As the vehicle continued to accelerate, the contact was able to turn into an opened area, shift into park and turn the engine off. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic, who performed an inspection and advised that the cruise control linkage had become stuck. The cruise control was disconnected. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 70,000.

- Hanover , MA, USA