- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 14S08: Water Intrusion May Cause License Plate Lamp Fire
2012 Ford Taurus
This corrosion may result in a short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2010-2014 Taurus vehicles manufactured November 24, 2008, through February 28, 2014, originally sold in, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. When used in areas that use road salt, the license plate lamp assembly may experience an electro-chemical reaction and corrosion as a result of water intrusion.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the license plate lamp assemblies, free of charge. The recall began on July 26, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S08. Note: Under program 14R01, Ford will notify owners in non-corrosion states, and, at the customer's request, dealers will replace the license plate lamp assembly.
- Documents (13)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB- REV 1
- Recall Quarterly Report 2014-Q4
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB- Rev 2
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.