2013 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 152019

Taurus

Started losing steering control at highway speeds. Traction control light came on so I slowed down to control vehicle. Had it towed into dealership. Dealer said the electronic controls to steering were locked up and had to be replaced along with the pinion and rack. Dealer and Ford claim there is no recall. The below recall information from the NHTSA describes exactly what was wrong, was fixed by dealership but I was charged $2,412 to replace parts rather than download new codes to fix the issue. Summary Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford Fusion vehicles without a 3.5L engine and Lincoln mkz hybrid electric vehicles, 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles, 2011-2012 Ford Taurus, Ford flex, Lincoln mks, and Lincoln mkt vehicles equipped with a 3.5L gtdi engine and 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford flex, Lincoln mks, and Lincoln mkt vehicles equipped with any available engine. The affected vehicles have electric power steering assist systems that may shut down as a result of a steering motor sensor fault. Consequence if the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Remedy Ford will notify owners, and dealers will check the power steering control module (pscm) for diagnostic trouble codes (dtc). If dealers find any loss of steering assist dtcs, the steering gear will be replaced, free of charge. If, no codes are found during the pscm inspection, the pscm software will be updated, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 20, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S18. Notify owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 192019

Power steering

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Apr 102017

Taurus

Takata recalli am the owner of a 2013 Ford Taurus that I bought in 2016. It was a 1 owner no accidents and 36000 miles on it. I was never informed of any recalls by Ford or the dealership. Your website says it was fixed so I cannot see what recall out of the eight it has. I was driving to work one morning doing maybe 15mph around a right hand turn, when my passenger side tire almost fell off from being disconnected at the half shaft and link shaft. My traction stability light came on and I lost call control of the vehicle. I ended up hitting a traffic light. I had minimal cosmetic damage to the vehicle. But due to all of the powertrain work needing to be done from this the bill was over 5000$. I had to claim it on insurance and now Iżve been paying 5000$ a year or insurance on a car worth maybe 8000. I did not know about these recalls until recently and I am upset I was never notified because if I was doing the speed limit at 55. I would be dead. This is a hide safety concern of mine. I still have the repair bills and for hitting a stoplight at roughly 5mph could not have cause that much damage.

- Dekalb, IL, USA

May 022019

Taurus

The power steering went on the car. It is hard to turn at slow speed but a little better at higher speeds. Called Ford after reading about the recall and issues others with similar Ford cards had. For some reason, my car doesn't fall into the similar recall which doesn't make sense.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Nov 152018

Taurus

Takata recalls. While driving sometimes the steering stiffen up making the car hard to control while driving and parking then vehicle, then the rack and pinon went out, making loud noises. Making the vehicle impossible to drive. There is also an issue with transfer case to the AWD the seals are easily breaking making the transmission fluid leaking everywhere.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 162018

Taurus

The engine just stalls without any warning while driving and will not restart for awhile. I called Ford, but the lady told me they are not technicians at the call center so they can't assist; even after I told them that I took the car to a Ford dealership and their scanning didn't reveal anything. The issues happens 5 times over two months.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jan 012018

Taurus

The steering wheel started getting loose starting about 3 months ago. Then the air bag light started coming on and not going off. I saw the recall on other Ford models for the steering wheel and thought this might be the same scenario. I tried to contact Ford twice and both times was interrupted by the automated request to take a survey. I don't know if the steering wheel has ever been removed, but I do know that the drivers airbag was replaced at some time.

- Morrison, CO, USA

Apr 232018

Taurus

I was driving on the freeway when the power steering assit message popped up and the steering got a little difficult. I pulled over and turned off the car. When I turned the car back on the steering was like normal again. A little while later on the freeway the power steering assit message popped up again and the steering went out completely making steering very difficult.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 162018

Taurus

Tamara recall - call will not turn over. There is no system light of any kind showing there is a problem with the car, so unable to get a code to start searching to fix the problem.

- Grandview, MO, USA

Sep 162017

Taurus

On June 9, 2015 I had a power steering assist fault which shut my steering down on I-81. This was replaced as faulty at expense of over $2,000. On Sept. 16, 2017 after 21,335 miles the power steering assist fault happened again, while driving on local city roads. I have been told that there is no recall for my model year and VIN yet there are recalls for other Ford using the same electronic power steering assist later and newer models. Also on this episode of 9/16/17 the stability control system fault came on as a failure message.

- New Britain, CT, USA

Jul 242017

Taurus

I am driving and all of a sudden the car goes into a safety mode. The is was appears to be a wrench that reads "see owners manual" the engine sounds like it sputter and there is no acceleration when the gas is pressed. I have to pull over safely and restart my vehicle and the problem goes away for about 10 miles.

- Mount Dora, FL, USA

Dec 232016

Taurus 6-cyl

While driving 75 mph on an interstate, I lost the power steering and was able to get the vehicle to the side of the road, a red warning message to service power steering now came on, at the same time turn signal would not work and traction control warning light came. Since it was the weekend and I was driving home for christmas I still drove the car home. I now have the car at dealership, and being told no recall on this car. But there is a recall on others for same issue. I don't have the cost yet but tried to call Ford customer service and they are close for the holiday. Wait to see what's next. Mileage on the car was 60,070.

- Forsyth, MO, USA

Aug 212016

Taurus

Power steering failed and caused vehicle to be very difficult to continue properly around a bend in the road. Simultaneous with this failure, the traction control system sent up an alarm and the turn signals stop working and the lever has to be held in place to make the indicators work.

- Buxton, ME, USA