2.3

2013 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 162018

Taurus

The engine just stalls without any warning while driving and will not restart for awhile. I called Ford, but the lady told me they are not technicians at the call center so they can't assist; even after I told them that I took the car to a Ford dealership and their scanning didn't reveal anything. The issues happens 5 times over two months.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jan 012018

Taurus

The steering wheel started getting loose starting about 3 months ago. Then the air bag light started coming on and not going off. I saw the recall on other Ford models for the steering wheel and thought this might be the same scenario. I tried to contact Ford twice and both times was interrupted by the automated request to take a survey. I don't know if the steering wheel has ever been removed, but I do know that the drivers airbag was replaced at some time.

- Morrison, CO, USA

Apr 232018

Taurus

I was driving on the freeway when the power steering assit message popped up and the steering got a little difficult. I pulled over and turned off the car. When I turned the car back on the steering was like normal again. A little while later on the freeway the power steering assit message popped up again and the steering went out completely making steering very difficult.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 162018

Taurus

Tamara recall - call will not turn over. There is no system light of any kind showing there is a problem with the car, so unable to get a code to start searching to fix the problem.

- Grandview, MO, USA

Sep 162017

Taurus

On June 9, 2015 I had a power steering assist fault which shut my steering down on I-81. This was replaced as faulty at expense of over $2,000. On Sept. 16, 2017 after 21,335 miles the power steering assist fault happened again, while driving on local city roads. I have been told that there is no recall for my model year and VIN yet there are recalls for other Ford using the same electronic power steering assist later and newer models. Also on this episode of 9/16/17 the stability control system fault came on as a failure message.

- New Britain, CT, USA

Jul 242017

Taurus

I am driving and all of a sudden the car goes into a safety mode. The is was appears to be a wrench that reads "see owners manual" the engine sounds like it sputter and there is no acceleration when the gas is pressed. I have to pull over safely and restart my vehicle and the problem goes away for about 10 miles.

- Mount Dora, FL, USA

Dec 232016

Taurus 6-cyl

While driving 75 mph on an interstate, I lost the power steering and was able to get the vehicle to the side of the road, a red warning message to service power steering now came on, at the same time turn signal would not work and traction control warning light came. Since it was the weekend and I was driving home for christmas I still drove the car home. I now have the car at dealership, and being told no recall on this car. But there is a recall on others for same issue. I don't have the cost yet but tried to call Ford customer service and they are close for the holiday. Wait to see what's next. Mileage on the car was 60,070.

- Forsyth, MO, USA

Aug 212016

Taurus

Power steering failed and caused vehicle to be very difficult to continue properly around a bend in the road. Simultaneous with this failure, the traction control system sent up an alarm and the turn signals stop working and the lever has to be held in place to make the indicators work.

- Buxton, ME, USA