- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 8 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 14 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 24 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 28 days ago
Ford Recall 18C02: Key Can Be Removed Without Being In Park/FMVSS 114
2018 Ford Taurus
If the key is removed from the ignition while the vehicle is not in the PARK position and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll away, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
Electrical System — Ignition
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Ford Taurus vehicles equipped with mechanical key ignition systems. The keys for these vehicles may be able to be removed from the ignition when transmission is not in the PARK position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter assembly, free of charge. The recall began May 11, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C02.
- Documents (4)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 114
- Miscellaneous Document - Mar 2, 2018 - Ford Media Center - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY COMPLIANCE RECALL FOR SELECT 2017-18 FORD TAURUS VEHICLES FOR POTENTIAL OF IGNITION KEY REMOVAL WHEN VEHICLE IS NOT IN PARK
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 1, 2018 - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 18C02
Click a tab for more information.