- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 4 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 16 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 14C06: Brake Resevoir Cap Incorrect/FMVSS 135
2014 Ford Transit Connect
Without the correct brake reservoir label on the cap someone may add the wrong brake fluid, causing damage to the brake system seals, resulting in brake fluid leaks, lengthened stopping distances and increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 Transit Connect vehicles manufactured March 1, 2014, through May 15, 2014. The affected vehicles may have a brake reservoir cap that does not have the required text advising owners which brake fluid the vehicle uses. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Ford has notified owners. Dealers will replace the brake reservoir cap with a correct one, free of charge. The recall began on July 14, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14C06.
- Documents (9)
- Noncompliance Notice(Part 573)/FMVSS 135
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Click a tab for more information.