- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 5 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 8 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 11 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 25 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 37 days ago
Ford Recall 14S24: Fuel And Vapor Lines May Abrade
2014 Ford Transit Connect
Contact between the two lines may result in abrasion and a fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 Transit Connect vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to July 10, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the fuel and vapor lines may have been incorrectly installed in the engine compartment, allowing the two lines to make contact.
- Ford has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel line routing. If the fuel line has been routed incorrectly, it will be replaced and routed correctly. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall began on November 17, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S24.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report 2014-Q4
- Miscellaneous Document - Press Release
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.