3.4

2017 GMC Acadia suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 GMC Acadia:

2017 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Apr 012022

Acadia

The vehicle makes a clunk and pop noise when making turns and upon acceleration and deceleration. Both dealer and repair shop could not visually locate the problem after checking. Suggested the problem was internal. Vehicle purchased March 2022 with 63,500 miles.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Nov 192019

Acadia

Shift to park problem, the dealer tried fixing it 3 times now and having a problem with the wheel. When sometimes turning the car. I can feel something is like stock on tge wheel making me feel like the wheel is gonna get off. I trued contacting the dealer and Chevy office for a buyback but they aren't approving it cos they said I dont have enough reason for them to approve it. Even tho I keep telling them I am not gonna wait for anything bad to happen since I have a 5 month old baby with me. Tge obly thing they suggesting is having it checked. And that's it.

- Lahaina, HI, USA

Nov 072018

Acadia

Was found brake fluid in the brake booster vacuum hose and brake booster is leaking from master cylinder and being drawn into the brake booster.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Jul 052018

Acadia

Placed the vehicle in park, it was stationary and it rolled forward. Message in the info center said "shift to park". I was parking in a mall parking lot.this has occurred 5 times. I can push the gearshift back and forth and then it can be turned off and the message will disappear. I took it to the dealership and was told they are waiting on GM to see what can be done. It makes a sound when in motion at slow speeds on a city street like the back needs shocks. It seems to bounce more than it should.

- Prescott, AR, USA

Apr 112017

Acadia

The contact owns a 2017 GMC Acadia. While driving various speeds, the transmission hesitated to shift gears and the vehicle began to vibrate excessively. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact referenced GMC recall number 17109 (rear differential clutch control module). The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the struts and the motor mount needed to be replaced. Additionally, field testers determined that the vehicle was operating normally. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure, but did not assist. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was operable. The approximate failure mileage was 209,000.

- Ship Bottom, NJ, USA

Feb 042017

Acadia

Less than 30 days of taking possession of the vehicle brand new, we noted a whine when you turned the steering wheel. We brought the veh in to dealershp and it was reported the airbag coil was wrapped around steering column causing the noise. The coil was replaced and veh returned to me. Within 24 hours the noise returned. This time they determined it was the front left strut and replaced. A brand new vehicle should not need a new strut. Dealership said they had another Acadia in for same problem

- Addis, LA, USA