- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 58 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 59 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 70 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 75 days ago
GMC Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2005 GMC Sierra 2500
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Mobilityworks is recalling 133 MY 2005-2006 Ford E250, MY 2000, 2004-2006 E350, MY 2000, 2005 E450, MY 2005-2006 GMC 2500, GMC 3500, and MY 2006 Dodge 2500 vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Mobilityworks is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobilityworks at 1-800-769-8267.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.