- September 24: GMC Sierra Headlight Lawsuit Continues in California news | 0 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 9 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
GMC Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2005 GMC Sierra 2500
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Mobilityworks is recalling 133 MY 2005-2006 Ford E250, MY 2000, 2004-2006 E350, MY 2000, 2005 E450, MY 2005-2006 GMC 2500, GMC 3500, and MY 2006 Dodge 2500 vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Mobilityworks is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobilityworks at 1-800-769-8267.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.