- June 2: 2018 GMC Terrain Airbags May Fail in a Crash recalls | 15 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 29 days ago
- May 17: GM Recalls Vehicles With Faulty Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 31 days ago
- May 13: Safety Group Says NHTSA Should Force GM Airbag Recalls news | 35 days ago
GMC Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 GMC Sierra 2500
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Mobilityworks is recalling 133 MY 2005-2006 Ford E250, MY 2000, 2004-2006 E350, MY 2000, 2005 E450, MY 2005-2006 GMC 2500, GMC 3500, and MY 2006 Dodge 2500 vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Mobilityworks is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobilityworks at 1-800-769-8267.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.