- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 9 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 50 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 76 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP5314
2015 GMC Sierra 2500
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:TORQUE CONVERTER
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have several areas where leaks have been found from inside the torque converter housing. Technician should start with diagnose per Service Information document ID: 2414199 by adding dye. If the leak is coming from torque converter seal, replace torque converter seal and inspect torque converter hub for possible sharp edges on the transition from flats to hub diameter that may damage the seal when the torque converter is installed. If sharp edges are found, dress the edges or replace the torque converter. If the leak is from any of the outer converter housing bolts, replace Separator Plate, both separator plate gaskets, the pump O-ring, and all the retaining bolts and seals. Install new copper washers under the two lower housing bolts. If Leak is through the torque converter housing casting replace the casting, the gaskets and the separator plate.
Click a tab for more information.