ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

8.5

2015 GMC Sierra 3500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 3500:

2015 GMC Sierra 3500 Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Sierra 3500 LSE 6.6L

All my life I have owned GM and Chevy products but wish I would have done more research on my 2015 3500. I do a lot of night driving in some extreme roads and weather. The head lights are absolute JUNK and all the dealer could say was; oh well, we upgraded them on the 2016. Now we can't keep bulbs in them. If my 2013 would have still been on the lot I would have taken it back.

I have looked over some other complaints on here and fully agree that someone will have a serious incident if not so already. I have had some very close calls and don't even ask about high beams. I agree that GM needs to do something about this problem.

IF SOMEBODY STARTS A LAWSUIT ON THIS, COUNT ME IN.

- Andrew B., Papillion, NE, US

Dec 012016

Sierra 3500 Denali Diesel

ALMOST THE PERFECT TRUCK, 3500 DENALI WITH EVERYTHING/LOADED. FROM THE NIGHT OF PURCHASE, MY WIFE AND I NOTICED POOR VISABILITY ON BOTH LOW AND HIGH BEAMS. OUR TRUCK IS EQUIPPED WITH "PROJECTION LED BULBS". THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND TO THE POINT OF BEING DANGEROUS. HAD I KNOWN OF THIS DEFECT PRIOR TO PURCHASING THE VEHICLE I WOULD HAVE NEGOTIATED AN UPGRADE. I REALLY LOVE OUR TRUCK BUT CANNOT FATHOM A VEHICLE ENGINEER DESIGNING SUCH A POORLY DESIGNED LIGHT. MY WIFE JUST RESEARCHED THE ISSUE ON ANOTHER SITE AND FOUND THIS IS A VERY COMMON COMPLAINT.

- Dennis K., Auburn, CA, USA

Dec 282014

Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax

I bought the top of the line GMC truck and I can't drive it in the dark. The low beam is dim and then when you go to high beams you have no more candle power just a shutter lifts and the lights go dimmer. I have stated this to the dealer every time I go in, but they act like they have never heard of it before. I come home and type in poor headlights and the whole world is cursing about them. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE I could shine my mag flashlight out the windshield and see better. I don't want to put in an after market headlight system because it is a different voltage. Step up GM and fix the problem. Does any one know if you can put a 2016 system in a 2015?

- Brent R., Providence, UT, USA

Aug 182014

Sierra 3500

When driving road with lots of ups and downs, cannot see ahead in 'Low Beam' when I'm in the dip at the bottom. I live in area where there is lots of critters on the roads at night.

Dealer suggested I try an after market fog lamp upgrade. When I did, fog lamps stopped working at all. High Beam not that great either. I haven't yet had anyone flash me to turn of High beams. Frustrating problem. Wondering if anyone has heard of a fix/upgrade ?

- spiritwood, Prince George, BC, Canada