- February 19: GM Fuse Block Lawsuit Says Loose Terminals Cause Problems news | 7 days ago
- February 7: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks Recalled, Again recalls | 19 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 58 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 68 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 69 days ago
1997 GMC Sierra 3500
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Sierra 3500 Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Sierra 3500 compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Sierra 3500 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sierra 3500.
Worst 1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 236,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Sierra 3500.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!