- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 6 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 20 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 24 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 41 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
1997 GMC Sierra 3500
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Sierra 3500 Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Sierra 3500 compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Sierra 3500 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sierra 3500.
Worst 1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 236,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the GMC Sierra 3500.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!