2014 Honda CR-V electrical problems: dead battery

Dead Battery

2014 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating.

Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem.

This defect trend is not quite bad enough yet for us to slap on the "Beware of the Clunker" seal. But it's a concern & definitely something to keep in mind for a test drive.

9.2

1. dealer replaced battery (2 reports)
  3. replace battery (1 reports)
2014 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 042019

CR-V EX-L

Wife's 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L went through at least 3 batteries in the first 3 years. She needed constant jump starts and was always worried if her car would start. After reading about this being a common problem on the internet, I tried every fix possible. Some people suggest computer re-flash, others say there's a bad fuse, causing a drain. I'm not sure what exactly causes it, but for now she rides around with a jump starter in her trunk just to be safe. Whatever it is, if you read websites like this one, it's STILL A PROBLEM on the new 2019 models! I don't understand why Honda hasn't figured this out.

- C S., Los Angeles, US

Oct 232017

CR-V

Since we bought this Honda CRV 2014 brand new, we saw the battery issue, especially in a raining day. If you forget to turn lights off, it does not last for 5 minutes. It seems they are very cheap. We don't know if it is the battery itself or a system drain after car is turned off. Last year we had to jump start this car at least 20 times. Each time we make sure light was turned off. Tested at Advance Auto, battery seems in very good status. Last week, it was dead again, really frustrated.

- Dylan L., Mc Lean, VA, US

May 012015

CR-V EXL 4

Battery dies after being parked in my garage for more than 5 days. Everything is turned off. Nothing is running. I've tried setting the security system with doors locked and I've tried parking it with doors unlocked. Either way, the battery dies. The "ignition off amp" pull is .12.

- Nora E., St Paul, US

Oct 302014

CR-V EX

Bought my 2014 CR-V new. Larry Miller Honda. Battery dead many times. Dealer keeps saying nothing wrong! Really?? I am planning a cross-country drive. Very concerned about being stranded somewhere. Any suggestions? Dealer is worthless!!! My old CR-V was great.

Thanks.

- justbpaws, Spokane, US

Oct 212013

CR-V

Parked car at the airport for 16 days, returned and found battery dead. Would not turn over.

Dealer said that is a common problem, they did not want to fix it.

Returned again after the same issue, made them do a draw test and retested the battery.

Dealer did replace the battery.

- Frank D., Lee, NH, US