7.3

2. 3m scotchgard clear bra (preventative measure only) (1 reports)
2015 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Civic:

2015 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 012015

Civic

This 2015 Honda Civic is hardly a year old and the paint is already chipping.

This is so annoying. I am disappointed that the paint and baking method is so poor. It will definitely begin to rust from the rain this winter.

- pangs2015, Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 052015

Civic EX

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR LESS THAN A MONTH AND THERE IS ALREADY PAINT ISSUES. LOOK IT UP ONLINE, THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM.

Update from May 30, 2015: I have contacted Honda warranty and they have refused to help in any way. They are saying it's stones hitting the the paint and that it is not covered. 4 chips in less than a month of ownership? That's like 50 chips by the end of the year, I said to them. I hope product suggestions are okay, as I can only suggest getting 3M Scotchgard clear bra. It is a thick clear plastic film that stays on and protects the car. You can find the material pre cut to your specific model on ebay. I purchased it for my hood and mirrors but not for my bumper though available.

Other option is to paint your hood, $250 from my local shop. Clear bra ran for $105 self install

- toomuchtime112, Akron, OH, USA

Jan 012015

Civic SI

I bought my 2015 Civic SI 12/28/2014. I traded in a 10 year old Nissan 350Z. I noticed the first paint chip when waxing a few days after purchase. I keep meticulous care of my cars, doing all detailing myself, waxing several times a month. Over the past four months I have noticed more and more paint chips; not only on the hood but on the sides of the vehicle and in other strange places. The paint seems so thin. I never had this issue with my Z. I plan to take it into Honda and complain. Will update.

- Lysa G., Sun City, AZ, US