9.7

$930

1. use thicker glass like previous models (4 reports)
2019 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Honda Civic:

2019 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 082020

Civic EX 1.5L Turbo

I was excited about finally getting a Honda since they are very well known for reliability. Bought the 2019 used with only 10,000 miles on it. Drove it a month, and a small rock hit my windshield on the freeway and left a huge hole in the lower left which is now cracking across my view now. None of my other vehicles did this with numerous rocks hitting the windshield on the freeway over the years. Very disappointed in the quality of one of the main components that you need to drive.

- Tracy B., Marysville, WA, US

Aug 012019

Civic EX 1.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

windshield cracks easily

Windshield cracked for no apparent reason and by the looks of it, this may be a defective windshield as many other civic owners have the same crack in the same exact place. This is ridiculous and hopefully the company has a product recall.

- Michael S., Sheldon, US

May 132020

Civic

I feel that Honda should be paying to replace the windshield! My car only has a little over 5,000 miles on it. Why should my insurance pay?

- Lisa S., Canandaigua, NY, US

Sep 092019

Civic LX 2.0L

• CVT transmission

Small little stone caused very deep crack , according to dealership and another national auto glass shop its not repairable, due to attached ADAS system , repair cost is huge . Dealership is replacing it is $1300 plus. What a pain in the rear , its only 11 days since we picked up this vehicle. We should get reimbursed for manufacturing defects like these. First time bought Honda in my life and already feeling the pain.

- Rakwinder S., Brampton, ON, Canada

Jul 152019

Civic EX 2.0L

Got a brand new Honda Civic EX, drove for 10 days (300+ km), windshield has a 2 feet long crack. Went back to dealer, technician said a stone hit it, but no dent, just a long crack, dealer refused to cover the cost of replacement.

- jwliu, Kitchener, ON, Canada

Apr 072019

Civic LX 2.0L

click to see larger images

windshield cracks easily

Woke up one day, and I noticed a crack on my brand new 2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan. I saw a ballpoint pen-sized impact mark that's hardly noticeable on top on the lane departure warning system box area. And I did some research, a lot of Hoda owners with later model vehicles with lane departure warning system had similar problems. The location seems almost identical to mine on some of them.

On top of all this, I've tried to fix this; you can't get an aftermarket piece because it's brand new. But wait! I have to get it through a Honda dealer, and the 2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan windshield is back ordered. They don't know when they'll have it in stock. Meantime, I driving a car with a cracked windshield.

I had a Civic and 2 Accords and an Odyssey before but never had a problem with windshield. My Honda Odyssey has a Cheerio size pebble hit mark on the windshield but never cracked.

It seems new windshield is a way too thin compared with older models.

Bottom line, the windshield on 2019 Honda Civic LX cracks easily and super expensive to fix.

- Nick K., Fair Lawn, NJ, US