CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.

In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".

However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.

Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.

Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.

9.0

$8,000.00

1. new engine (1 reports)
  2. replace with short block and used parts (1 reports)
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

May 022016

Santa Fe Limited 3.5L V6

I want this to be known, because 470,000 Sonatas were recalled for the same problem and my engine has failed for what they feared. The problem is Hyundai is sticking me with the tab. Very uncool. So if anyone else has had this problem, please report it so we can be reimbursed for something they shouldn't have allowed to happen in the first place.

- , Deltona, FL, USA

May 032013

Santa Fe SE V6

This is the 3'rd engine for this car in 3 years . First one had holes in the block and was pushing anti freeze out and believe it or not Hyundai rep Ricky Brown who drove this car passed it onto one of his dealers.,didn't even know it was not going into 6'th gear,had to take it back three or four times toget that fixed. The engine finaly blew up at 116860 miles.

When they replaced the block they had to remachine the heads which are used parts. I complained at that time and got no where,could not talk to the rep.( rep would neverget in touch with me) I found out his name and address and sent a letter but never got an answer, called California and was told that's all they would do. Guess what this one didn't hold up due to rod bearing and damaged crankshaft.

Tried to get some incentive so I could buy a new one but they said no way so I guess I am stuck with this junk.

- , Camp Verde, AZ, USA