- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 12 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 22 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 36 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 66 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,142 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new engine (1 reports)
- replace with short block and used parts (1 reports)