- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 3 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 7 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 54 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 65 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 84 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new engine (1 reports)
- replace with short block and used parts (1 reports)