- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 26 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 33 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 42 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 54 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 59 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new engine (1 reports)
- replace with short block and used parts (1 reports)