- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 16 days ago
- February 1: Hyundai Sunroof Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 18 days ago
- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 28 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 33 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 33 days ago
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.