- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 1 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 8 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 19 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 36 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 44 days ago
Hyundai Preliminary Evaluation PE11010: Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
Power Train:Automatic Transmission
- On April 25, 2011, Kia Motors Corporation submitted a defect notification letter to NHTSA regarding a transmission intermediate driveshaft condition in approximately 12,690 model year (MY) 2011 Kia Sorento 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-258).The recall addresses a defect with the external shape of the engine block which can prevent the intermediate shaft bearing bracket from mating evenly with the engine block.This can cause a misalignment of the intermediate shaft with the right side output gear.Resulting damage could cause a loss of motive power.Additionally, on April 27, 2011, Hyundai Motor Company submitted a defect notification (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-261) for the same issue in approximately 6,169 MY 2010 Sante Fe 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines that use the same components as the recalled Kia Sorento vehicles.This investigation is closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.