- May 23: Hyundai Velosters Recalled For Driver's Side Door Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- April 30: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 33 days ago
- April 10: Hyundai and Kia Class Action Lawsuit Filed After Sorento Fire news | 46 days ago
- April 2: More than 1,300 Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe Fires Reported investigations | 54 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Fuel Gauge Not Working4
- Engine Fire1
- Fuel Odor In Cabin1
- Fuel Pump Cracked1
- Gas Line Caught Fire After Repairing The Gas Line1
- Loss Of Acceleration1
- Poor Mpg1
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System53
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline15
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.