- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 10 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 34 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 64 days ago
2005 Hyundai Tiburon
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon
Official recalls have been issued for the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Hyundai service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Hyundai customer service.
2005 Hyundai Tiburon STEERING:LINKAGES:TIE ROD ASSEMBLY NHTSA Campaign #05V187000
Summary: Certain passenger vehicles may have been built with threaded portions of the steering gearbox assembly's left and right inner ball joint assemblies that contain internal cracks in the material structure.
Consequence: If the inner ball joint assembly was to break as a result of the internal crack, the tie rod end assembly would not longer be attached to the steering gear box. This would prevent steering control of that front wheel by the separated tie rod which could result in a crash.
Actions: Dealers will replace the steering gearbox assemblies on these vehicles free of charge. Owners were contacted by telephone beginning on April 8, 2005, and instructed not to drive their vehicles. Hyundai will arrange to pick up and return their vehicles after repair. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #05V187000 »