- June 28: Chrysler Monostable Gear Shifter Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- June 21: Mahindra ROXOR Too Much Like a Jeep Wrangler: ITC news | 20 days ago
- June 19: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 22 days ago
- June 8: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets Tigershark Engines news | 33 days ago
- May 8: Chrysler Engine Oil Consumption Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 64 days ago
Jeep Recall : Chrysler/Steering Gear
1996 Jeep Cherokee
Due to high steering load events, vehicles can exhibit broken steering gear attaching bolts or frame rail cracking at the steering gear attaching point increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- During assembly of the frame, a fillet weld that joins the inner steering gear attachment reinforcement to the frame rail, was omitted.
- Dealers will inspect the vehicles for cracks in the frame rail. Vehicles that show cracks will be equipped with reinforcement plates. Vehicles that are found to be free of cracks will have a slot cut in the cross member and the fillet weld will be added.
Click a tab for more information.