- January 13: EcoDiesel Lawsuit Doesn't Include Buybacks news | 2 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 4 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 5 days ago
- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 44 days ago
Jeep Recall 879: Daimlerchrysler/Front Brake Rotor
1999 Jeep Cherokee
The reduced strength can allow the cast iron wear surface to separate from the hub, reducing the brake effectiveness of the vehicle.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Rotor
- Vehicle description: Passenger and multi-purpose vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. The front disc brake rotors can experience severe corrosion if operated for an extensive period in the "salt belt." If the rotors are not replaced, the corrosion can eventually compromise the structural integrity of the stamped steel center hub section of the rotor.
- Dealers will replace these rotors with rotors that are coated with a corrosion protection.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.