- July 19: Jeep Liberty Gas Tank Fire Allegedly Caused Woman's Death news | 2 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 26 days ago
- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 36 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 57 days ago
Jeep Recall 879: Daimlerchrysler/Front Brake Rotor
1999 Jeep Cherokee
The reduced strength can allow the cast iron wear surface to separate from the hub, reducing the brake effectiveness of the vehicle.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Rotor
- Vehicle description: Passenger and multi-purpose vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. The front disc brake rotors can experience severe corrosion if operated for an extensive period in the "salt belt." If the rotors are not replaced, the corrosion can eventually compromise the structural integrity of the stamped steel center hub section of the rotor.
- Dealers will replace these rotors with rotors that are coated with a corrosion protection.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.