- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 39 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 50 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 54 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 54 days ago
Jeep Recall 879: Daimlerchrysler/Front Brake Rotor
1999 Jeep Cherokee
The reduced strength can allow the cast iron wear surface to separate from the hub, reducing the brake effectiveness of the vehicle.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Rotor
- Vehicle description: Passenger and multi-purpose vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. The front disc brake rotors can experience severe corrosion if operated for an extensive period in the "salt belt." If the rotors are not replaced, the corrosion can eventually compromise the structural integrity of the stamped steel center hub section of the rotor.
- Dealers will replace these rotors with rotors that are coated with a corrosion protection.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.