- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 4 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Lawsuit Filed news | 21 days ago
- September 16: Jeep Cherokee 9-Speed Transmission Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- August 30: ROXOR vs. Jeep? Mahindra Says Comparisons Shouldn't Be Made news | 51 days ago
Jeep Recall 879: Daimlerchrysler/Front Brake Rotor
1999 Jeep Cherokee
The reduced strength can allow the cast iron wear surface to separate from the hub, reducing the brake effectiveness of the vehicle.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Rotor
- Vehicle description: Passenger and multi-purpose vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. The front disc brake rotors can experience severe corrosion if operated for an extensive period in the "salt belt." If the rotors are not replaced, the corrosion can eventually compromise the structural integrity of the stamped steel center hub section of the rotor.
- Dealers will replace these rotors with rotors that are coated with a corrosion protection.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.