- January 13: EcoDiesel Lawsuit Doesn't Include Buybacks news | 3 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 5 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 6 days ago
- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 45 days ago
Jeep Recall S39: Right Front Halfshaft May Fracture
2016 Jeep Cherokee
A fractured halfshaft may disconnect from the drive axle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2016 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 3, 2015, to March 22, 2016. The right halfshaft may have been incorrectly manufactured causing it to fracture without warning.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the right halfshaft, free of charge. The recall began on June 30, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler's customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall number is S39.
- Documents (15)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2016
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/11/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S39051116
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.