- August 13: Mahindra Roxor Is NOT a Jeep, Says Chrysler in Federal Complaint news | 1 days ago
- August 13: Jeep Cherokees and Chrylser Pacificas Recalled Over Halfshafts recalls | 1 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- July 19: Jeep Liberty Gas Tank Fire Allegedly Caused Woman's Death news | 26 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
Jeep Recall S84: Improper Welds On Driver's Knee Air Bag Inflator
2017 Jeep Cherokee
If the driver's knee air bag does not properly inflate, there is an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2017 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 13, 2016, to October 17, 2016. Improper welds on the driver's knee air bag inflator may prevent the air bag from properly inflating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's knee air bag module, free of charge. The recall began November 9, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S84.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/28/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S84102816
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - November 2016
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.