- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 40 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 41 days ago
- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 63 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 66 days ago
Jeep Recall S84: Improper Welds On Driver's Knee Air Bag Inflator
2017 Jeep Cherokee
If the driver's knee air bag does not properly inflate, there is an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2017 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 13, 2016, to October 17, 2016. Improper welds on the driver's knee air bag inflator may prevent the air bag from properly inflating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's knee air bag module, free of charge. The recall began November 9, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S84.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/28/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S84102816
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - November 2016
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.