- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 15 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 52 days ago
- January 26: Extended Warranty Lawsuit Says Jeep Warranty Is 'Useless' news | 55 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 57 days ago
Jeep Recall U78: Half Shaft Bearing Cage May Break
2018 Jeep Cherokee
If the halfshaft bearing cage breaks, the halfshaft may not be able to transmit engine power, causing a loss of drive or it can allow the vehicle to move while in the "Park" position. Either condition may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Cherokee all-wheel-drive vehicles. The bearing cage for the right front halfshaft assembly may not have been properly heat treated, possibly resulting in the bearing cage breaking and a potential halfshaft assembly failure.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front right halfshaft assemblies, free of charge. The recall began September 20, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U78.
Click a tab for more information.