- May 9: Fires Cause Recall of 2021 Jeep Cherokees recalls | 4 days ago
- May 8: Jeep and Dodge Seat Belts Fail to Retract: Investigation Closed investigations | 5 days ago
- April 5: Jeep Sway Bar Disconnect Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 38 days ago
- March 9: Chrysler Headrest Deployed, Owner Blames Cheap Plastic news | 65 days ago
Jeep Recall U78: Half Shaft Bearing Cage May Break
2018 Jeep Cherokee
If the halfshaft bearing cage breaks, the halfshaft may not be able to transmit engine power, causing a loss of drive or it can allow the vehicle to move while in the "Park" position. Either condition may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Cherokee all-wheel-drive vehicles. The bearing cage for the right front halfshaft assembly may not have been properly heat treated, possibly resulting in the bearing cage breaking and a potential halfshaft assembly failure.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front right halfshaft assemblies, free of charge. The recall began September 20, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U78.
- Documents (14)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 08/02/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U78
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Renotification Representative Copy
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.